Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quote of the day

"For years now I've lived with the fear that at some point everyone is going to leave, and I will be left alone. For no reason I can say, in no way I can prevent, I am going to wind up alone. I can't really explain why, but I know it's my fault. It lingers there, down under the surface, like a chronic backache or a low grade fever. But it colors everything I say and do; it shapes every relationship. I remain guarded, distant. I feel I ought to do more, be more. So it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. And I'm sick of it...

...and Jesus walked softly beside...
None of this was your fault
Now, you must understand, I didn't know that for all those years. I had believed it was my fault. I didn't think about it much at all. But down in the deep waters of my soul that conviction had settled, grown, like barnacles on a shipwreck, lies clinging to my heart. This all happened because my heart is bad; it's my fault. And down the Spirit went to speak the words to break those lies.
None of this was your fault
And something of my heart came free that night."

From Waking the Dead by John Eldredge

I'm waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment