Monday, March 30, 2009

If you could read my mind...

One of my all time favorite songs by one of my favorite singer-songwriters of all time.

(Facebook friends need to view original post to see the video)

I've had many of those "...the feeling's gone and I just can't get it back" moments in my life, and I always think of this song at those times.

I'm still looking for "a movie queen to play the scene of bringing all the good things out in me.

I've had the pleasure of seeing Gordon in person a few times. Some of my best memories are of Lightfoot concerts. I saw him, I think twice, at the Universal Amphitheatre back in the late 70's, and then again at the Greek Theatre in '90 and '94 I believe. I've put off seeing him for the last few years, but neither of us is getting any younger so if he makes another concert swing through this area, I'm going or I'll never forgive myself.

"...the ending's just too hard to take"

----------------
Now playing: Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment