Saturday, March 14, 2009

A new day, a new blog

Because sometimes it's better to just start over, here I am with "More Pieces of My Mind" here at Blogger rather than my old LiveJournal.

I've been trying to integrate all my "social" stuff as much as possible. Between Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LiveJournal, and who knows what else, it drives me crazy trying to keep up.

I know. Why try? Why post so much about my life in public forums where, let's face it, no one really cares that much anyway.


Short answer: I have no idea. I just enjoy it. But I wouldn't mind being able to post once and have it show up every darn place. I don't use MySpace much anymore, but it still has it's purpose. I have friends there that I don't have anywhere else. Facebook is cool, but I'm not too sure about the latest iteration of the interface. I'm withholding judgement on that for now. Twitter is cool, and quick, and up to the minute, but it is what it is: a way to keep the world up to date with short blurbs and no more. LiveJournal is a favorite, and again, I have friends there that post nowhere else, although that seems to be changing. I also have a very cool phone app that lets me post (along with photos) on the go. It seems Blogger has the same, or similar, functionality, and we'll see how that works as we go along. That answer wasn't so short was it?

I've got Facebook and Twitter integrated pretty tightly. I can enter a status on Twitter from anywhere and it will update my Facebook page immediately. Now I can make a post here and it'll sync to Facebook also. I think my LJ friends feed may just go into my RSS reader.

Either I have way too much time on my hands, or I need a life, or both.

I'm going to go live for awhile.

----------------
Now playing: Doug Smith - Millenium Force
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment